SMUDGING: REJUVENATE YOUR ENERGY
Spring is the perfect time to clear out the old to bring in the new. Clearing clutter is the first step in cleaning your space. The second step, is to do a space cleansing where you remove the negative energy debris that has built up over time. Once you perform the cleansing, the energy of the space lifts, brightens, and circulates freely.
The negative energy debris can be a result of negative emotions, thoughts, occurrences, and stress that you have experienced in your space.
WHEN TO CLEANSE YOUR SPACE
The following situations are appropriate times to space cleanse:
• After you remove clutter
• After an argument
• When you move into a new space
• When a roommate or companion moves out
• After a divorce or break-up
• After an illness or death
• When you buy an antique or second-hand item
• Anytime you desire fresh energy for a new project or beginning
HOW TO CLEANSE A SPACE
Here is a simple space-cleansing technique to perform on your home, office, or even on a specific object:
1. Create a strong intention in your mind to clear the space in order to bring in vibrant, healthy energy.
2. Burn sandalwood incense or dried sage to disintegrate the negative energy in each room. Wave it counterclockwise.
3. Say, “Thank you for the complete disintegration of all negative energies, thoughts, and emotions from this room now.”
After cleansing, always open East windows and doors to allow fresh energy of the sun to enter.
Light a candle to dedicate energy to your endeavors. Say, “I am so grateful for all the love, harmony, and healthy energy pouring into my home right now.”
Imagine brilliant white light filling the entire space. Visualize your home or office emanating light, positive energy and blessing to everyone who enters.
Feel confident that the new energy is fresh and ready to receive all the opportunities Spring has in store for you.